Guaranteed Ride Home
Many people let legitimate fears of being stranded at the office or being unable to respond to a family emergency, keep them from taking advantage of sustainable commuting options. With the GRH program you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride on transit, in a carpool or vanpool, walking or bicycling to work knowing that if plans should unexpectedly change you are covered - guaranteed.
Who Is Eligible?
Any employee or tenant of an ABC TMA member company who is currently using public transit, carpool, vanpool, walking or biking to work at least two days a week or more, is eligible to join. Please review the GRH Program Rules and Procedures.
In order to participate in the GRH program you must be registered in our data base.
Register today and get all the advantages of using a commuting option!
- Reduced stress
- More free time
- Cost savings
How does the program work?
- REGISTER for the Guaranteed Ride Home program and take advantage of up to 6 FREE rides per year (based upon calendar year).
- Once you register, you will receive an electronic voucher detailing rules & regulations and the number of our livery partner, PlanetTran. PlanetTran is the nation's first hybrid chauffeured car service!
- When an emergency arises, call PlanetTran directly at 1-888-756-8876; ABC TMA will cover all costs for your trip including gas, tolls and gratuity, no distance limits!
- Use of the program is permitted when there is no public transit within 30 minutes of when you need to leave or if you need to reach your destination sooner than the time it takes on transit.
- Upon completion of your ride simply submit your confirmation report and a new voucher will be issued to you.
QUALIFIED USAGE OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Unscheduled over time
- Emergency for yourself or someone you care for and you need to travel home, hospital, etc.
- Illness for yourself or someone you care for and you need to travel home, hospital, etc.
- For cyclists, your bike is damaged on you way to work and public transit is not available within 30 minutes of when you need to travel home, hospital, etc.
YOU MAY NOT USE THE PROGRAM IN THE EVENT OF:
- Travel from home to work
- Inclement weather or city/state/national emergencies
- MBTA service failure
- For a ride home following out of work time celebrations
- Scheduled meetings, scheduled overtime, or events taking place after normal business hours
- Building Evacuations
Tips for a smooth ride
- Contact PlanetTran as soon as possible if you need a ride after 7:00pm. For example, if you find out at 3:00pm you will need to work late but don't know when you will finish, give PlanetTran an estimated time so they can plan their staffing accordingly. Requests initiated after 6:00pm may be delayed or provided by our back-up taxi service.
- Submit a confirmation report after each usage in order to receive your new travel voucher. New vouchers can take up to 2 business days to receive following the submittal of a confirmation report. ABC TMA operates on a 9am to 5pm, Mon-Fri schedule; we are not able to assist you if you need your voucher number outside of this time frame.
- Register before an emergency arises! Registration can take up to 2 business days to process. If you wait until there is an actual emergency we may not be able to assists you. ABC TMA does not reimburse participants who have paid their own cab fare.